October 1, 2010

Site Update Launched!

The main website at http://bis.vilepickle.com has been updated for 4.0.1! Here's an overview of the changes to the site:
  • All items now show their new stats. Stats from WOTLK are no longer listed when you mouse over items.
  • Two patches: 4.0.1 pre-Cataclysm and 4.0.3 post-Cataclysm. Select the filter to change your item set (see new, not-yet-available items from Cataclysm for each slot with 4.0.3)
  • MP5 is gone, spirit is in.
  • Mastery is in.
  • Spellpower now only counts for weapon pointscore.
  • Cataclysm raid items will show up for both the 25 and 10 man filters.
  • Reduced the number of WOTLK items listed. For the most part only the top of the line items remain. Lets face it, gear in WOTLK is only going to matter for a few weeks at best, and the old top items are still at the top.
  • Speaking of old top items, mail and other non-plate is no longer listed due to the 5% intellect bonus in 4.0.1 and beyond for full plate. The mail is still good, but in the big picture you'll be using it as filler gear at best. Since we're still "best in slot" technically I do not see a real reason to list all of this gear from now on (unless it is clearly way beyond any of "our" gear).
  • Item weights reset to 1 across the board. The stat shuffle has made it confusing for me to try and weight them right now. You can enter your own weights still on the individual slot pages. Note that socket value is the amount of a stat that can fit in a typical socket (20 in 4.0.1).
  • The front page now lists the top 2 items for each socket. This is my effort to be more accepting of different itemizations that may be valid. My opinion should not be absolute and only listing 1 gave that illusion. I may add a filter to only list the top item in the future (mostly for readability).
  • Item level has been added to the site on the slot pages. You can sort the tables by this value.
  • Several back-end optimizations have been added to the site like page caching and offloaded static files. It should be faster.
I appreciate any feedback, and I especially encourage you to email me at vilepickle@gmail.com if you find a bug. I'm not a perfect PHP coder, but I get the job done. Enjoy the new site! I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of it when Cata launches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers